Sunday, June 20, 2010

Painting, Not Blogging





I have been busy painting, not blogging. So the garden is two months into its growing season. A lot has gone on and even though I have missed the peonies for the most part, there are still a few left. I often think I won't find new stuff to be curious or excited about but somehow I always do. Needless to say it is continually beautiful.. (too bad you can't smell it too.)




I focused this time on some more of the human additions to the garden's abundance. Some interesting possibilities, which I am posting here, may get painted, now that I am into gold and silver leaf. The latest painting image in Garden on my web site, has an example of my struggles with the material. It's so delicate that it blows away at the slightest breath. It suits the transience of the subject.

Meanwhile, I'm finding the connection here between the "tinker petals" and the flowers and myself. Some child painted that petal and had a great time. Wish I could do the same. It's so spontaneous! No struggle there! And I enjoy the gaudiness of the "flags" which are used to scare away the birds.

Here are some human additions as well as flowers to enjoy.



And lastly..two other images from totally different aesthetic places.


A beautiful painting by Fitz Hugh Lane from a visit to the Cape Ann Museum in Gloucester.



And a photo from the Shell Shack at Islamorada, the Keys, Florida. If you enlarge, you'll see all the stuff better. The place was jam packed and what colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment